Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sleep is a wonnnnnnderful thing!

I am making an effort to blog once a week! And I have no pictures to share this week - I'll try to get some of Bean standing up this week and upload them to the computer.

Also, Matt is hopefully getting some more storage space sometime soon and will upload VIDEO, and we'll start having VIDEO on here. Woot!

Anyhow. Sleep. Sleep is AMAZING.

Last night Bean nursed at about 10PM and then sprawled out in our bed. When Matt and I went to bed quite a bit later, we didn't want to move him. I was feeling cramped, so ended up going to sleep on the couch. I woke up at 4AM with a rock-hard left boob, wearing a sopping wet flannel shirt! Bennett slept from 10PM to 4AM and, since he's been nursing quite a bit at night lately (read: every 1 to 2 hours, sometimes wanting to nurse for hours on end at 5 or 6AM.... It's been a ROUGH few weeks!), this amazing amount of sleep was not quite what my body has become accustomed to!

Anyway, he's been sleeping so well for about the past 3 nights. Thank GOODNESS! He is still a little difficult to get down to sleep. And his naps are hit or miss - sometimes he napes for 2-3 hours a day. Sometimes 15 minutes. But by golly, I'm just glad to be sleeping again!

For a little while there, he was sleep crawling, sleep sitting, and just wanting to comfort nurse. Poor little guy was falling asleep, then he'd start crawling and hit his head repeatedly on the wall before he woke up!

And speaking of Bean hitting his head...

Last Saturday, Bennett pulled himself up to standing using our ottoman. He was waving a hand around, keeping the other hand on the ottoman. And then, all of a sudden, he flung himself forward - face-first onto the floor. And he had momentum....so he ended up with rug burn on his forehead!

Matt and I comforted him and, sort of chuckled at the rug burn. And the bruised goose egg on his right temple. And the v-shaped red line on the back of his head.

And we called the pediatrician to ask what constitutes a reason to bring him in for a head injury.

I said something like, "soooooo....I know that he's going to hit his head. I know he's going to get bumps and bruises. I'm ok with that. But, you know....when does he need to see a doctor?"

The very nice nurse gave me a list of things to watch for. So, if you see me shining a bright light in my son's eyes, just know that I am checking for a concussion :-)

No comments: